• Did you know? For ALL future school years, all students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization (called “Tdap”) for school in the fall? This requirement applies to all public and private schools. The new requirement was signed into law in 2010.


    Kindergarten students (or first grade students in their first year of school) are also required to have vaccines prior to school. This information is available at your health office for review.

    Did you know? California Ed Code requires that any prescription or over the counter medication requires a specialized form for your child to take a medication at school (or carry an inhaler or other emergency medications on their person while at school). Forms are available in the health office or online for you to take to your physician. We may also be able to fax or email this to your physician.   If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the office. 

    Sandy Chavez & Tristan Kleinknight, Buckeye Union School District Nurses