Title IX Data
(a) Commencing with the 2015–16 school year and every year thereafter, each public elementary and secondary school in the state, including each charter school, that offers competitive athletics shall publicly make available at the end of the school year all of the following information:
(1) The total enrollment of the school classified by gender.
(2) The number of pupils enrolled at the school who participate in competitive athletics, classified by gender.
(3) The number of boys’ and girls’ teams, classified by sport and by competition level.
(b) The data required pursuant to subdivision (a) shall reflect the total number of players on a team roster on the official first day of competition.
(c) The school shall make the information specified in subdivision (a) publicly available as follows:
(1) If the school maintains an Internet Web site, by posting the information on the school’s Internet Web site.
(2) If the school does not maintain an Internet Web site, by submitting the information to its school district or, for a charter school, to its charter operator. The school district or charter operator shall post the information on its Internet Website, and the information shall be disaggregated by school sites.
(d) The materials used by a school to compile the information specified in subdivision (a) shall be retained by the school for at least three years after the information is posted on the Internet pursuant to subdivision (c).
(e) As used in this section, “competitive athletics” means sports where the activity has coached, a governing organization, and practices, and competes during a defined season, and has competed as its primary goal.