Rolling Hills offers a full range of athletics and intramurals. All students who participate as athletes in organized competitive sports must provide proof of insurance. Upon sustaining an injury or serious illness, a student may be required to provide documentation clearing the student to resume participation in the sports activity.
Here are a few reminders for our student athletes:
- Students must have permission slips signed by the parent and student.
- Students must attend school for at least four (4) periods on a game day or day before a Saturday game or they will not participate in that game.
- Students must maintain 85 merits.
- If upon reviewing grades during a sport's season, a student is found to currently have an "F" and/or from past trimesters have an "F" in any class, the student will be considered to be in probationary status. Once placed on probationary status, the student will not be allowed to participate in practice or games and will be expected to raise the grade above an "F" within two weeks. If the student does not raise the grade above an "F" or remediate the past "F" in the two week period, he/she will be removed from the team.
- Students who are placed on a team will be asked to make a donation to help offset costs. A player’s personal appearance, when in uniform, must conform to what the coach/administrator determines is important to the success and safety of the player in that sport.
Qualifications to participate in Sports
To be eligible to participate in sports students must maintain the following standards:
- Good citizenship and 85 or more merits
- A 2.0 grade point average
- Not receive a trimester grade of an “F” in any class or have an un-remediated "F" from past trimesters
Cross Country (all students welcome)
Girls’ Volleyball* (7th & 8th)
Boys’ Basketball* (7th & 8th)
Girls' Soccer* (7th & 8th)
Boys' Soccer* (7th & 8th)
Girls' Basketball*(7th & 8th)
Track and Field (all students welcome)
Boys Volleyball* (7th & 8th)
*6th grade students may try out for a 7th grade team sport